Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch

Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch - Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman I'm a bit behind on the Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett bandwagon. I only this summer purchased a handful of novels from both authors, starting with this one. I'd read some of Neil Gaiman's work before and stalk (oh wait, I mean follow) some of his going ons through twitter and other such nonsense, but I had never actually read a Neil Gaiman novel aside from Stardust & Coraline. (Though, those two are brilliant. Go read them.) Now, when you think of the apocalypse, I can't imagine that you think of anything nearly as hilarious as this book. This book essentially follows the demon Crowley and the angel Aziraphale as they attempt to stop the apocalypse. Well, not stop exactly, because it actually is their job to get it going, ineffable plan and all that. Unfortunately, there's a bad switch up at the hospital and the Antichrist seems to have gone missing. Which really throws a ratchet into the plans. He's kind of essential to the whole business working, you know. It kind of hinges on him. On top of following the angel and the demon, the book also tags along with Anathema Device, a witch and the descendant of the great Agnes Nutter, the one and only true prophet. Of course, she was a very bad prophet because unfortunately all her predictions were true. The book actually follows a handful of characters, all the characters, in fact, and it does so beautifully. Usually, I prefer it if the point of view rests on one, maybe two characters, possibly a few more. Usually, when authors try to give you the points of view of ALL of the characters, it becomes too much. Not so in this book. Probably because it's Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman writing it, mostly because the entire cast of characters is brilliant and I love them all. I especially love Aziraphale and Crowley. They were, by far, the best parts of the book. I was actually a teeny bit disappointed when the book started to focus more on Anathema and Adam Young and a little less on the angel and the demon. Regardless, this book is fantastic. Really, I think that this is the kind of book you read out loud to whoever is listening, and if they don't want to listen, you tie them to their chair and duct tape their mouth closed and keep reading anyway. That's what I did, whenever someone walked into my dorm room while I was reading this, I would stop them and force them to listen to choice passages from the book. Whether they wanted to, or not. I haven't found a book that makes me genuinely laugh out loud in so long, and I spent most of this book near crying with laughter because it's just so funny. It's witty and brilliant and I love it so much.The perfect thing about this books is that, I can already tell, no matter how many times I read it, it will still be wildly hilarious and brilliant.Personally, I think everyone should read this... that's just my opinion, but I think it's flat out brilliant.