Exposed

Exposed - Susan Vaught So this is one of those books i pick up that are totally different than what i usually read. Sometimes i enjoy them, and sometimes i don't. Sometimes they affect me, sometimes they don't. It's always a kind of hit or miss with these, you know?There were elements of this that were very very good. The way the obsession began after Chan met Paul online was expertly showcased. Other things though, i didn't quite get. Like, i didn't understand how the poetry and love of Emily Dickinson tied into the story. It felt very random and thrown in like oh yeah she should be a poetry geek too just for kicks. And i also didn't follow what was wrong with her little sister Lauren. I mean, Lauren seemed like any spoiled eight year old girl to me. I didn't understand the need to put her through counseling... Now, about the poetry thing, i suppose it makes sense for Chan's recovery after the incident with Pedophile Paul, but it just didn't click for me.This is the ultimate worst case scenario in talking/dating people online. But then, Chan makes a lot of really bad choices in this. I'm definitely not going to condemn talking to people you don't know online because i do it all the time. But streaming video? That's not necessarily a good idea...I really liked the Bear. Chan's Russian twirling coach. I liked how it showed that sometimes, when your family isn't working, you have other people to go to. In this case, a coach instead of a friend.I dunno. There were parts of this that were really good, but frankly, it seemed a little random to me....