Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters Trilogy, Book I)

Prophecy of the Sisters - Michelle Zink This book was excellent. So, i have a friend who just did not like 'A Great and Terrible Beauty' and all those books, so she definitely needs to read this one.That said, this reminded me of AGATB quite a bit (i think it was the time period ;)The story was of Lia and Alice, two twin sisters on opposite sides of an ancient prophecy.Ok, so, first off, i love when the 'good guy' and the 'bad guy' actually know each other. Whether they're related or past lovers or whatever, i love that. I think it brings a new layer to the same old 'oh hey, i don't really know you, but i'm gonna hate you for all eternity just because we think differently.'lolAlthough i wish i could have actually gotten to know Alice, you know? I would have a liked a teeny bit more about her when they were kids, just so i could like her a little more (oh... *random musing* so THIS is what people mean when they want me to write more about my characters pasts >.anyway, carrying on.There was a lot that didn't really happen in this first book so i'm hoping that the next one is more dramatic. This was a lot of build up and setting up the plot and characters. Which isn't bad, i really liked it because the storyline and all the characters were all really intriguing. I just hope the next one will be reaaallly dramatic. =)Highlight of the book was probably the prophecy itself, t'was awesome on many levels. As well as when Lia realised what part she r e a l l y played in said prophecy, i really liked that twist (which i won't be telling *hee*)So, quite a good book. I can say i'm really looking foreword to the next because i really want to know how it all unfolds.