Meridian (Meridian Series #1)

Meridian - Amber Kizer I honestly don't know what to say about this book.Ever read those books that weren't bad, and you were able to finish, but really had nothing good going for it?Yeah that was this...I mean, there was nothing truly bad about it. It wasn't badly written.. the characters weren't that bad. The story was relatively original...It just fell very flat.I mean, it has this story about angels and protecters and lost souls and i was expecting it to be epic and exciting... but what i got was a girl with no personality in the beginning and only little personality by the end, an admittedly attractive sounding guy but with no spark to make him likeable, and an obnoxious preacher-type bad guy that spouted Bible verses and was rather not scary and not intimidating...It just wasn't there. I had potential, i mean, i could see the potential for an amazing story about a girl who helped souls travel to the other side and had to get around the fanatical doom-spouting preacher who was really an Arnocti (an anti-Fenestra, the one's who take the souls to hell) in disguise.Do you see the potential awesomeness in that? Because i did.But what i got was anything but that...Meridian could have been an amazing character, and i admit i did see some growth by the end of the book. But, her personality was so listless that i could never grow to like her.I couldn't like Tens either because his mood swings never made sense... i mean... at least give him a reason to be angsty for goodness sake!So, i dunno, this was just disappointing... It was left way way open for another one and who knows, maybe the story will grow and we'll see that potential tapped into... but it's not looking very likely at this point...